Sports Performance Testing
Testing for Performance Factors:
FBC/ESR, Biochemistry Profile, HDL/LDL, Ferritin, C-Reactive Protein, Omega 3/Omega 6, Total Antioxidant Status, Mineral Screen, Vitamin B9 (Red Cell Folate), Vitamin B12 (Active)
Whether you’re a committed ‘weekend warrior’ or a professional athlete, sports blood testing can help you fine tune your performance and gain an extra edge.
How can blood testing aid sports performance?
Comprehensive testing can check a wide range of factors that can influence endurance, recovery, muscle strength and more.
What does this test check for?
PMore than a dozen factors including your levels of minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and Omega 3& 6, plus your biochemistry profile.
Why should I test?
Because it can take the guesswork out of improving your performance. And because it can alert you to the dangers of overtraining or aid you during injury recovery.
How do I get tested?
Book a simple blood test now.
Did You Know?
Blood testing isn’t just for elite athletes. It can benefit all levels of sports performance.
Why should I use sports performance testing?
Sport is all about improvement. Going faster. Running further. Building stamina and endurance. But not every advantage comes from general fitness, technique and kit. There are refinements you can make within your body that can help boost performance and aid recovery after exertion or injury.
The challenge for athletes of any level is knowing which changes to make to benefit performance. Sports performance blood testing from Better2Know Your Body helps you do that, with a comprehensive testing service that helps you understand what your body needs to deliver its best.
How can sports performance blood testing help?
Testing can help your training become more effective. It can ensure you’re focusing on the right areas. And it can take the guesswork out of performance improvement.
Our comprehensive sports performance blood testing checks more than a dozen factors to help you make informed choices about the way you build and protect your body. Here are just some of the checks we make:
- Omega 3 & 6: These fatty acids can encourage muscle growth, reduce muscle damage and soreness caused by exercise, and fight the damaging effects of intensive training on the immune system.
- Ferritin: Your ferritin levels indicate your body’s ability to store iron, essential in converting carbohydrates to energy.
- Antioxidant status: Antioxidants can aid muscle recovery and protect against muscle damage during intense activity.
- Mineral screening: From zinc to protect the immune system to iron to guard against the effects of anaemia (e.g. tiredness, fatigue) ensuring your body is taking the right minerals in the right amounts can be crucial to physical performance and wellbeing.
- C-reactive protein: A check for inflammatory markers within your blood that can indicate susceptibility to overtraining.
How do I get tested?
Better2Know Your Body offers a simple blood test that covers a wide range of sports performance factors:
- Biochemistry Profile
- C-Reactive Protein
- Omega 3/Omega 6
- Total Antioxidant Status
- Mineral Screen
- Vitamin B9 (Red Cell Folate)
- Vitamin B12 (Active)
Once you have the results, you can make changes to your diet or supplement profile to help refine your training, protect your body and boost your performance. Please remember to consult a GP or other qualified medical practitioner before making changes to your diet or to the supplements you take.
To get tested contact Better2Know your Body on the number above or click book now.